If you've got some experience already, you might consider upgrading to the Bareboat Charter Master Bundle of Courses. You'll save even more AND get the Electronic Navigation course for FREE.
Skipper Large Sailboats Course Bundle Description
Discover sailing with our comprehensive online Skipper Large Sailboat bundle of courses. This interactive and multimedia course bundle is designed to teach sailors of all levels, from beginners to experienced sailors, with the knowledge and theory required to competently sail, operate, and maneuver large keelboats greater 26ft (8m) in length.
The 2 course bundle includes the Skipper Course and Docking & Maneuvering Under Power. You’ll also receive the Basic Sail Trim and Navigation Rules courses for free. With this bundle, you'll gain the theory and knowledge instruction in a wide range of critical sailing aspects, including:
- Large Keelboats: Explore the anatomy of large keelboats, understanding the components, rigging, and systems that make these vessels unique. Gain insights into maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Sail Theory: The fundamental principles of sailing, including wind dynamics and sailboat physics. Understand how to harness the power of the wind and the physics of sailboat design to propel your vessel efficiently and effectively.
- Sailing Maneuvers & Techniques: Build your confidence by learning the various sailing maneuvers, from tacking and gybing to heaving to and more! Hone your sailing techniques to harness the wind's power effectively and sail with precision while safely helming the sailboat with confident control.
- Sail Trim: Discover the art of reading the wind and trimming the sails for optimal performance.
- Sailing Terminology & Communication: The language of unique terms used by sailors, which is essential for clear communication on a sailboat.
- Docking and Maneuvering Under Power: Learn the intricacies of docking and maneuvering your sailboat under power, ensuring you can navigate even the trickiest of marinas.
- Anchoring & Mooring: Learn the art of anchoring and mooring safely and securely to enjoy peaceful nights at anchor in picturesque locations.
- Boat Management & Systems: Learn about boat management and systems (engine, electrical, etc…) to ensure your vessel operates flawlessly throughout your journey.
- Navigation: Learn the art of navigation, chart reading, and GPS usage.
- International Navigation Rules and Buoys: Learn international navigational markers and USCG rules of the road when sailing or under power.
- Coping with Emergencies: Prioritize safety with modules on safety equipment, procedures, and protocols for different sailing conditions, environments, and crew-overboard emergencies.
- Essential Knots: Specialized knots to reliably secure lines (ropes) to perform specific tasks in sailing and tame the hundreds of feet of line various lines on a sailboat.
- Weather: Develop a keen understanding of weather patterns, enabling you to make informed decisions for safe and enjoyable sailing experiences.
Additionally, if you're new to NauticEd, you’ll also receive a free eLogbook to record your sailing experience, and all of your experience and training are automatically updated in your free online Sailing Resume.
Skipper Large Keelboat Certification (Optional)
Upon successful completion of the course, and logging a minimum 10 days of sailing experience in your FREE sailing eLogbook, you will receive the Skipper Large Keelboat Rank certification.
Or after completing the prerequisite Skipper Bundle, train with a NauticEd Sailing Instructor and add Skipper Large Keelboat Rank Verified Competency certification to your sailing resume.
Whether you dream of leisurely cruising along scenic coastlines or competing in sailing regattas, the Skipper course bundle will empower you to make the most of your sailing aspirations. Register today and begin a lifetime of unforgettable sailing experiences.
Fair Winds and Following Seas!
NauticEd Global Director of Education