Secondary Fuel Filter

Secondary Fuel Filter
Posted 2022, Mar 12 17:45
A friend of mine showed me that you could change the secondary and not need bleeding , To do this I fill the replacement fuel filter with fuel before screwing it on. Is this not a way to change the secondary and avoid having to bleed the system.
Add reply
0 0

Replies

Reply 2022, Oct 27 13:55
Caution must be used when cranking the engine if it does not start within 10-15 seconds. The exhaust pressure is what moves the raw water from the engine out of the boat's exhaust. The exhaust line from the engine travels higher first, then drops to the exhaust outlet. If the engine is not running and is cranked too long, all that buildup of raw water may flow back through the exhaust line into the exhaust valves of the engine. It's best to keep manually pumping fuel to bleed the engine or install a small electric pump to move fuel for bleeding. (Be sure to get a pump that allows fuel to go through it when it is not turned on, so it doesn't need to be turned on under normal operating conditions to get fuel to flow)
0 0
1 - 1 of 1 replys

Add reply

* - required fields

Please signin first
Add your reply in a positive and constructive manner and tone. Be as specific and clear as possible. Other students will vote your reply up or down depending on its usefulness the clarity. Your comments are always editable.