Last exercise doubt.

Last exercise doubt.
Posted 2018, Jul 29 00:58
In the last exercise it's said that the true heading is 47º. According to the last deviation table, the 50º compass heading gives us an approximate deviation of 4º. If we apply M = C + D, we would obtain 54º M. Now to obtain the true heading, we should subtract the corresponding variation of 14, which would give us 40º T. Why 47º T?
Add reply
0 0

Replies

Reply 2018, Aug 22 14:18
Carlos, I am new to NauticEd so sorry if you already got this question answered. The example is a stand alone exercise and has no relation to the prior exercises. You are given the heading as 54M and 47T. The 54M is not the 'C' in the TVMDC, its the 'M'. With this you know the Variation for the chart area must be 7W (fill in the only possible solution using the TVMDC mnemonic). Hope this helps. Cheers Shaun
0 0
Reply 2021, Feb 15 21:03
I think they've use the wrong variation. It should be a variation of 14 deg. I'm going to post a note to the admin.
0 0
1 - 2 of 2 replys

Add reply

* - required fields

Please signin first
Add your reply in a positive and constructive manner and tone. Be as specific and clear as possible. Other students will vote your reply up or down depending on its usefulness the clarity. Your comments are always editable.