Module #13 - Passage Planning / Pilotage question H

Module #13 - Passage Planning / Pilotage question H
Posted 2017, Nov 12 02:40
No idea where they got this info from? Any help?
Add reply
0 0

Replies

Reply 2017, Nov 12 16:44
Hint: When preparing to enter any harbour, you should always view the pilotage book associated to that harbour.
0 0
Reply 2017, Nov 13 01:18
Thanks Grant. I was trying to locate that info in the RYA Training Chart Plotter, hoping it was similar to the Navionics app. If you click on a harbour symbol in that app it brings up all that info so there is no need to reference another source.
0 0
Reply 2018, May 17 15:52
The Almanac notes for Port Fraser, page 46
1 0
Reply 2021, Mar 25 07:47
I was looking at the question about the chart plotter and the ETA. I wondered - do modern chartplotters include expected changes in the set and drift over time for a long journey, or does the system assume that the current set and drift will act consistently on the boat throughout the whole journey? If the latter this could change ETA dramatically - good reason to set frequent measurable and predictable waypoints en route I suppose.
0 0
1 - 4 of 4 replys

Add reply

* - required fields

Please signin first
Add your reply in a positive and constructive manner and tone. Be as specific and clear as possible. Other students will vote your reply up or down depending on its usefulness the clarity. Your comments are always editable.