NOAA Chart 12354

NOAA Chart 12354
Posted 2017, Apr 04 12:55
I found this chart online (NOAA Chart 12354) & have down loaded the PDF File. I brought it to the local Print shop as stated, but they are unable to print as we don't know the correct size to print the chart. There is a scale on the PDF that states it must be 6" long to be the correct scale, but it would be "trial & error" & possibly a few prints at my cost to ensure the correct scale. I did a bit of research online & it states that most charts are either 36" or 42", but this don't help much, which do I need. NOTE: I am in Canada & there is no NOAA "Print on Demand" service available locally.
Add reply
0 0

Replies

Reply 2017, Apr 04 14:15
As long as they scale it equally in both directions it does not matter. Nautical miles are read from the latitude scale. Angles and directions will not change as long as the scaling is the same in both directions.
1 0
1 - 1 of 1 replys

Add reply

* - required fields

Please signin first
Add your reply in a positive and constructive manner and tone. Be as specific and clear as possible. Other students will vote your reply up or down depending on its usefulness the clarity. Your comments are always editable.