Favorite RYA Sailing Schools in USA, Canada and elsewhere
At NauticEd we have our list of Favorite RYA practical sailing training schools and we are sharing it with you here.
NauticEd is a provider of the RYA Day Skipper Theory course online to students worldwide. Technically we are called an RYA shore based training school and thus being a provider of the theory, we want to push our students who have passed the RYA Day Skipper course out to quality RYA schools.
We highly Recommend doing practical sailing training at an RYA School. The RYA school can issue the much sort after International Certificate of Competence which is the United Nations created International Sailing License (the ICC).
They can issue the ICC in either of two ways.
(1) A one-day assessment of theory knowledge and practical skills (pretty grueling and you’d better know your theory. We recommend you take and pass the NauticEd RYA Day Skipper Course OR the NauticEd Bareboat Charter Master Bundle of courses. Don’t wing it – you will fail.)
(2) Do the 5-day on-the-water RYA Day Skipper practical course. A prerequisite of this is the NauticEd RYA Day Skipper online theory course. Once you pass the RYA Day Skipper Course, you automatically qualify for the ICC.
We recommend the 5-day course. Why? Because you are guaranteed to enjoy it and learn some tips even if you are an old dog.
- Kingsland, Ontario: Topmast Maritime Training (1) and (2)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia: Discovery Sailing (2) only
- Halifax, Nova Scotia: In Slocums Wake (2) only
- Newport Rhode Island: Confident Captain (2) only
- Charleston, South Carolina: Yachting Education (1) and (2)
The Grenadines (Bequia Island)
- Sail Grenadines (2) only
- On Deck (2) only
- Lisbon: West Coast Sailing (1) and (2)
- Sibenik (Split): NCP & Mare (1) and (2)
- Auckland: Sailing Away (1) and (2)
- Cape Town: Ocean Sailing Academy (1) and (2)
- Genoa: Just Sailing (2) only
- Poros Island (South of Athens): Greek Sails (1) and (2)
Oh and just FYI, there are 500 RYA Sailing Training Schools worldwide.
With all of these schools, NauticEd can make the arrangements for you and consult with you if you have enough experience to pass the ICC assessment or if you should take the 5-day course. Either way, contact us.